The Old Church Tower (aka the Sunken Church)
The Old Church Tower is also known locally as the ‘Sunken Church’. This is in the belief that the rest of the church had sunk leaving only the tower standing. In reality the rest of the church was demolished shortly after Bramcote’s new church, St Michael and All Angels, was built in the 1860s.
There has been a church on the site since at least the 13th century with the tower itself having window styles typical of the 13th and 14th centuries. The towers bell frame dates from 1600.
The Conservation Society is involved in the care and upkeep of the tower as part of the Friends of Bramcote Old Church Tower group.